1. Did you like this page as an introduction to Shakespeare? Did it help you to ball out on the Bard basics better? (Alliteration much?)
    Yes I did like it , but it did not help me with the basics.

2. Did our lesson on concrete details and commentaries help you better learn the difference between the two? Please explain why it was effective or ineffective:
    Yes it did help. It helped me by showing that concrete details are something straight from the text commentary is about explaining the concrete detail by using our reasoning.

3. Did you like focusing on the 4 main characters and their speeches, or would you like to have read more of the play all the way through? Please explain:
    I like the way tha we slowed down but it would have been fun reading the whole play. It would have been even more fun if we acted it out without groups.

4. Was annotating the speeches a good way to learn about the characters; did you like using Poetry Genius for character analysis? Please explain why:
    Yes it was it gave me a realization bout the different interpretations that some people have.

5. Did our focus on Caesar and the Caesar essay help you prepare for the Gateway writing test? Please explain why or why not:
    Yes it did especially on the language arts portion. It was a lot easier to write because I know the order in which it should go.

6. Did you learn anything by commenting on your classmates’ papers? Was Poetry Genius a good method for doing peer review of essays?
    Yes that many of my classmates did really understand what they were reading, but when we broke it down they had somevery different and different interpretations of the text.

7. Did commenting on other papers make you reevaluate your own paper in any way? Please explain how:
  8. Were you as hard on your own essay as you were on your friends’ essays? Why or why not?
  9. Were the comments you received on your paper helpful in making revisions and improvements? Please give an example:
  10. If you had just one sentence to express your opinion, what would you say the play Julius Caesar teaches about “honor, ambition, and power?”
April 18th, 2014

1 yes & yes
2 yes, it makes it more clear
3 yes, i dont feel the others was that important
4 i dont see the point in annotating but i guess it helped
5.Yes, it helped me a little, such as citation references
6.I wouldn’t say I learned much, just a lot of opinions
7.yes
8.yes it was
9.In a way
10) Ambition was more than power

April 18th, 2014

1.Yes it helped me make the introduction to the essay.
2.Yes it helped me because it helped me learn the difference the concrete details, and commentaries in an essay.
3.Yes because I don’t fell the other characters were important in the story.
4.Yes but I don’t see the point in annotating the speeches but I guess it helped me write the essay.
5.Yes it helped me prepare because it helped me come up with the thesis statement for the essay, and for the gateway.
6 Yes I learned something, and yes poetry genius is a good method for doing peer reviews.
7. Yes it made thought of my own paper.
8.No it should not have been hard on me, as it is on my friends essays.
9.Yes it was helpful because it helped me correct my essay, and helped me fixed my essay.
10 I think Julius Caesar does not show ambition, power, and honor because Caesar does not seem to do a lot to chance the city of Rome.

April 18th, 2014

1.Yes it helped me make the introduction to the essay.
2.Yes it helped me because it helped me learn the difference the concrete details, and commentaries in an essay.
3.Yes because I don’t fell the other characters were important in the story.
4.Yes but I don’t see the point in annotating the speeches but I guess it helped me write the essay.
5.Yes it helped me prepare because it helped me come up with the thesis statement for the essay, and for the gateway.
6.Yes I learned something, and yes poetry genius is a good method for doing peer reviews.
7. Yes it made thought of my own paper.
8.No it should not have been hard on me, as it is on my friends essays.
9.Yes it was helpful because it helped me correct my essay, and helped me fixed my essay.
10 I think Julius Caesar does not show ambition, power, and honor because Caesar does not seem to do a lot to chance the city of Rome.
11 I think Antony’s the hero in the story Julius Caesar because he cares about the crowd of people because he does not want them to worry about who is going to be the next king, and he tries to calm down the crowd during the funeral by saying good things about Caesar. He also tells the crowd about his feelings for Caesar dying.

April 18th, 2014

1) Yes. This page was a very good review and I also learned some new terms.
2) I Liked this very much. It really helped me understand the difference when we did it and had the class tell us if we were right or not and why.
3) I didn’t really like it. I didn’t understand it, so maybe reading from the play more would have helped.
4) At first I didn’t understand what i was reading. So i couldn’t really annotate when i didn’t know what the speeches said.
5) Yes. Writing the essay in the same format made taking the Gateway a piece of cake.
6) Yes. It made me realize things about my essay that i didn’t know.
7) Well it made me take another look at my own. To make sure I didn’t make the same mistakes.
8) Not Really.
9) Someone told me about placing my periods before the quotation marks. I didn’t even realize I did that.
10) Honor ambition and power were the basics of the whole conspiracy. They believed Caesar had it all and that wasn’t fair

April 18th, 2014

1) I like the thinks, like the speech, it really did help. It help me in my writing.

2) The lesson did help me how to write concrete details and commentaries better. At first I did not knew how write it as good now. I know how organized my essay and really help in some of my essays such as the Gateway. And also the Citation also help me cite my source.

3) I think I like going through the play. I think it would had help a lot of us.

4) I like using poetry genius, I know some hated it but I think it really help me in general of the class work.

5) Writing an essay help me learn how to write concrete details and commentaries better. I wish we spent more time on the Introduction and Conclusion. Sometimes I had trouble writing it and needed more help on these parts. I know the 3 body, but I need to learn more on the Intro and the Conclusion.

6) The Peer Review really help improve my writing. I like that people can see what mistakes you have so you can fix them in your Essay.

7) Yes, People thesis were good and help me write my own thesis even better.

8) Yes I was harder on my Essay as my classmates. I think I did the best I could have done.

9) Most of the comments were helpful but I feel like some of them were not very good. Like someone put write that I write in third person when I did it in first person. Personal I think they some of the People that comment just rushed so they can do the 10 Comments, Instead of looking what is really wrong.

10) I think Julius Caesar shows us the true honor, power and ambition. I think the power of Caesar was maybe too much and should have not killed him.

Bonus:

I think it would be Caesar, although 1 can argue that Brutus is the lead protagonist as the play mostly revolves around him, and also shows in-site into his personal life, and so on, if you’ll notice Caesar is always the topic of conversation or thought, not only at the start of the play, but even after his death Caesar plays an important part, all the characters, Brutus, Anthony, etc, go through various emotions, decisions, repercussions, all due to there relationship with Caesar, so although Caesar is only present in a few scene the whole play revolves around him, and so he is the true lead in the play, although is part is somewhat invisible.

April 20th, 2014

1.Yes, I liked this page.
2.Yes it did now I know how to use my documents in a better way.
3.Yes i would’ve like reading more of the play to understand more
4.Yes it was & i do like using poetry genius it was helpful
5.Yes it did because know i now how to write with citing documents
6.Yes i did ..& it was a good method
7. Yes, because I got to see what I had to fix. 8. Yes, so they can see their mistakes
9. Yes, because one was that i should organize my paper more & i revised it
10.I think Caesar was ambitious & honorable …But did have a lot of power that went to his head

April 21st, 2014
0 new posts. Show

Create an account to post a reply!