@Alcaeus Yup, the gems he comes up with seem even funnier in 17th century spelling.

Thanks, everyone, for the enthusiasm and positive feedback! I’m really looking forward to seeing what we come up with. Feels pretty Voltron in here right now.

March 10th, 2014

Hey guys, how is everyone going with this project?

I’ve done some research and found that there has been more written on metre in rap than I expected, which has been helpful if a little limiting. I’ve got a couple of songs broken down as well.

How long should we make each section?

March 18th, 2014

@eldubs Sounds awesome. Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

March 18th, 2014

@Negrostotle @Abraxas01 @Jhanna @eldubs @jeeho and @perfectrhyme so he doesn’t feel left out.

I’ve put up what I have for an introduction so far, both for feedback purposes and because I keep working on it when I have other things to do (I made up all those lines of verse, thank you very much).

Check it out!

March 20th, 2014

Obviously I haven’t even included rules of thumb or a ton of other things, but mostly I put it up so it would distract me. But I do want feedback even if it’s super obvious stuff, because there might be obvious stuff I’m forgetting.

March 20th, 2014

@Bradapalooza – Frankly, I don’t know what to annotate. Everything seems to be correct. I couldn’t have said it any better, lol.

March 23rd, 2014

Yo @Bradapalooza , it’s looking boss to me. It’ll be good to see some verified tates when it’s done, but I can’t really suggest any improvements beyond that. The made-up verse lines are a really good idea, because they give the reader something without any metrical stigma attached, cf. something like “Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow”, etc.

March 24th, 2014

FRIENDLY BUMP

April 6th, 2014

@perfectrhyme
@stephen_j_p
@Negrostotle
@Alcaeus

and everyone else

I’ve updated the Introduction to Prosody lesson. Check it out and let me know what you think!

April 14th, 2014

Looking great. The one thing I would add is maybe some illustrations– maybe of metrical markings?– not necessarily ‘cos the text needs them, but just to give it more of a multimedia sheen.

April 15th, 2014

@stephen_j_p I was thinking of adding some images of my actual handwritten prosody on a poem or two – is that what you meant?

April 15th, 2014

@stephen_j_p

I.E. I did “On the Late Massacre on Piedmont” real quick just now.

April 15th, 2014

@Bradapalooza Yes, exactly! I really like how we can incorporate the pen and paper thing into a digital medium with photos like these.

April 15th, 2014

I added it into the current text. It’s a bit small unless someone took the time to right click view image but it is a nice touch.

April 15th, 2014

I like it! I still practice scansion and prosody whenever I have time. I might consider on using the same format you used so that I can understand the stresses and rhythms of my own poems and my prose. I just have a lot of writings. Dunno where to start or what prose piece or poem I want to edit so that it’s a lot stronger.

April 16th, 2014