Burnt Norton is the name of a manor house with a rose garden in Gloucestershire, England. Eliot visited the house in the summer of 1934.
This, the first of Eliot’s Four Quartets, was written in 1935, and first appeared as the final poem in his “Collected Poems 1909-1935. It was first published as an independent work in February 1941.
To help improve the meaning of these lyrics, visit “Four Quartets” by T.S. Eliot (Ft. T S Eliot Society (UK)) and leave a comment on the lyrics box